Monday 8 December 2014

Butterfly records

A page from 'Butterflies of VC47 - 2013'
It's that time of year again: with winter closing in, I'm starting to sort through the county's butterfly records for 2014.

If anyone has any records, now is the time to send them in. If you use iRecord, that's fine, I will download them in one batch in a few weeks.

It doesn't matter how many records you have or what format they're in, I'd love to receive them. Even a simple list of the butterflies seen at a particular location in a single year is very useful. The chances are you'll be adding a new dot to the maps.

Once I have all the year's data,  I will consolidate it and add it to the county database. It will be used to update all the distribution maps in my 'Butterflies of Montgomeryshire' PDF and a new version will be published in the spring. The data will also be forwarded to Butterfly Conservation's national recording scheme.

Please do get in touch if you have any questions, etc.

Douglas
(douglas@montgomeryshiremoths.org.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment